Samsung LC49HG90DMNXZA CHG90 Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor Review:
The EXTREME Quantum Dot QLED Gaming Display Quantum Dot technology is highly favoured as the best in visual experience money can buy currently, Samsung produced a new QLED Gaming monitor that will not disappoint as an extreme gaming experience upgrade. By using the Quantum Dot technology, provides a more lifelike experience delivered by billion shades
Samsung 49-Inch Gaming Monitor
The EXTREME Quantum Dot QLED Gaming Display
Quantum Dot technology is highly favoured as the best in visual experience money can buy currently, Samsung produced a new QLED Gaming monitor that will not disappoint as an extreme gaming experience upgrade. By using the Quantum Dot technology, provides a more lifelike experience delivered by billion shades of accurate colour in High Definition. A smooth HDR gaming experience is provided using AMD’s new Radeon FreeSync™ 2 technology, providing double the perceivable brightness and colour of that offered by the sRGB spectrum. This is a gaming monitor dedicated and focussed on true gamers not satisfied with the norm, looking for a monitor providing multiple gaming display modes which instantly optimizes the black gamma levels, with high contrast ratios, image colour and sharpness expected and appreciated by true gaming enthusiasts.
The CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor features support for High Dynamic Range (HDR), so dark areas are darker and bright areas are brighter. See mind-blowing detail and contrast as bright blue skies share the screen with deep shadows and silhouettes. Smoother and richer game play is achieved using a monitor that utilizes a fast 144 hz screen refresh rate, ensuring a flawlessly in game experience that will not disappoint. Refresh rates may be adjusted for personal preference and use using 60Hz or 120Hz adjustment settings if required.
Built for speed
Blending its advanced motion blur reduction technology with its superior VA panel, Samsung has created this curved monitor with a super-fast 1ms MPRT (motion picture response time) that lets you enjoy unprecedented gaming performance without motion blur across the entire screen.
The 32:9 super ultra-wide screen provides the ultimate in multitasking flexibility and a truly seamless multi-tasking experience, being the equivalent of to two 16:9 monitors side by side on one display. Forget about multi-monitor set-ups — with no bezels impeding your view and a single power cable for minimal clutter, you can multitask in a truly seamless style. The monitor utilizes a height adjustable stand (HAS) providing precision positioning for the super ultra-wide panel to let you work and play in greater comfort.
Technical Specifications: Samsung 49-Inch Gaming Monitor
- Designed for Gamers with Multiple Game Modes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Technology. HDMI : 2 EA (2.0)
- Smoother Gameplay with Fast 144hz refresh rate- This is a Super Wide Monitor which has a 32:9 Screen ratio.- The Vertical Pixel count remains 1080 While the Pixel Width is 3840 (The same Width as a 4K unit)- Thus the unit is labelled a 4K Display, However True 4K – Will have 3840 x 2160.
(Effectively this is 2 x 24” 1080P Monitors Merged.)
– Display: Model Number: LC49HG90DMNXZA
– Screen Size: 49″, innovative 32:9 aspect ratio
– Display Type: VA
– Curvature: 1800R
– Resolution: 3840 x 1080
– Aspect Ratio: 32:9
– Brightness: 350cd/m2 (Typ.), 250cd/m2 (Min.)
– Static Contrast Ratio: 3000:1(Typ),2400:1(Min)
– Dynamic Contrast Ratio: Yes
– HDR: Yes
– Eye Saver Mode:
– Flicker Free
– Quantum Dot Color
– Game Color Mode
– Screen Size Optimizer
– Black Equalizer
– Picture by Picture (PBP)
Accessories Included in Box:
– Quick setup guide, Installation Software, Install CD, HDMI Cable, 1.5m Power Cable, Display Port Cable.
- When I saw how wide this was I had to have it. Monitor is very crisp and clear. It’s probably the best monitor I’ve ever owned. My previous monitor was Microboard M340CLZ. That was a 34 inch ultrawide running at 3440 x 1440. I love the resolution with this monitor. It works fine for me. I mostly use the monitor for gaming and entertainment. I’m running the monitor with a 1080ti. Gaming on this thing is something to behold.
- I give this monitor 5 stars because it accomplishes what it set out to do perfectly. The 1080 vertical resolution doesn’t bother me at all. I can now comfortably put three windows side by side to do my work and that alone is worth the price of admission.
- Gaming wise this thing is fantastic. I have paired it with a Radeon Vega 64 and since it only has half the number of pixels a 4k monitor has, all games run beautifully. Freesync works from 48hz up to 144hz. I am finding most games can handle 3840×1080 rather well, and really recent games handle it perfectly. The view is so immersive, it’s just fantastic.
- I have a 27. iMac, in the shop cracked during one of my Diva Tantrums. So I went shopping and decided on the Samsung LC49HG90DMNXZA CHG90 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor. My son (To Young To know that Size Really Matters) suggested a 32 inch curved screen. Mommy did some research on her own a got this 48’in monster to lay out my reports and attach my XBOX that he doesn’t know about. I attached my HDMI to my laptop and got my “Bold & the Beautiful / The Young and The Restless Grove On” Don’t Tell me Parents don’t know how to have fun. .